Wednesday, November 13, 2013

We've Come a Long Way, Baby

These are actual print ads from previous decades. I wonder how much we will look back on what is commonplace to us now and smack our heads in  shock.

I highlight a few with some mild gender stereotypes. Snort.

 
Oh, my. I learned to drive on my mom's Subaru. I'm glad I had not seen this ad. Of course, I wouldn't have understood all the innuendo at 15.
 
 
That $%*# won't make that mistake twice, apparently.
 
 
 
Not sure if the implication is that the catsup lid is easy to open or easy to figure out which direction to unscrew the lid. Either way....
 
 
 
 
I want to order that book. It sounds entertaining. Of course, "Do you still beat your wife?" is one of those question either a simple "yes" or a simple "no" will get you into trouble.
 
 
 
Appliances always make every woman happy.  Actually...that looks pretty spiffy...but I don't think I have EVER clasped my hands with glee.
 
 
 
Well. This add just sounds like a collection of bad pick-up lines. I quote: "Have you a perceptive eye, a mind like a calculator, a bend for men who did bikini panties, a passion for Fibber McGee, a cool head for business and an obsession for snakeskin backgammon boards?"
 
Oh...how did they KNOW about my secret passion for dead snake game boards and jersey nylon dresses!?
 
 
 
No comment needed.
 
 
I have NEVER EVER "thrived" on cooking, cleaning and dusting.
Just sayin'.
 
 
 
 
He will, if you are soft and smell good.
 
 
 
This last one is my favorite. I'm pretty sure she also tasted his food and will need permission to rise.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment